Click Here to access forms.
Click Here for Vendor Fair Registration Form.
If you have any questions about the Plano ISD Council of PTAs, please contact the President.
For technical support, contact the Webmaster.
From Texas State PTA
Purpose and Responsibilities of the Treasurer*
Every PTA needs a treasurer to manage and supervise all of the financial aspects of a PTA. A treasurer has a broad range of responsibilities including:
- Supporting PTA volunteers and members
- Assisting with planning for programs and other PTA activities
- Reporting and providing timely financial information to the PTA
- Managing PTA volunteers (e.g., chairing a finance, budget and/or fundraising committee if required by the bylaws)
- Tracking and recording all financial transactions
- Membership dues
- Keeping the PTA compliant with rules and regulations
- Reporting to government agencies
- Reporting to state PTA (through local channels)
- Custodian of PTA funds as elected by the members
PTA bylaws contain some of the specific responsibilities of a treasurer, and other responsibilities are specified in district or state PTA procedure manuals and brochures. National PTA provides this Quick Reference Guide to complement local, district and state materials.
Traits of an Ideal Treasurer:
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- A background in accounting practices and procedures
- Knowledge of volunteer and nonprofit financial management
- In-depth knowledge of PTA and its mission and objectives
Your Initial Tasks as Treasurer Include:
- Making sure that the books have been audited before accepting them.
- Ensuring the proper and complete transition of files and records, including the permanent records from the retiring treasurer. Ask about missing records at once.
- Becoming familiar with the duties outlined and any references to finances and budget in the PTA bylaws.
- Working with the outgoing treasurer to secure the signatures of new officers authorized to sign checks, and filing the signature cards with the bank.
- Checking on bonding and liability procedures.
- Studying this Quick Reference Guide and relevant areas of IRS.gov.
- See more at: Treasurer First Steps
every child. one voice.