National PTA E-Learning Library
In order to access this information you will need to create an online National PTA profile. For assistance with creating a profile or registering for a course, please read the e-learning registration guide. Also, make sure your computer meets the minimum system requirements.
If you are unable to attend training sessions offered by the Plano ISD Council of PTAs, check this link for training sessions offered by other PTA Councils in our area. TX PTA BASICS training and Foundations Leader Orientation Part 2: Serving on a Local Board, are both standard training written by TX PTA and presented by Councils. The information covered should be similar, regardless of which Council of hosting the training. Please take note of the registration procedure. The process for registration will differ depending on the hosting Council.
Area training calendar is available HERE.
Council PTA Training
Remember, each voting member of your board is required to complete BOTH
1. FOUNDATIONS Leader Orientation (FLO) Part I: Welcome to PTA, online at www.txpta.org / Online with Texas PTA / PTA Training / FOUNDATIONS Leader Orientation, and
2. FOUNDATIONS Leader Orientation (FLO) Part II: Serving on a Local Board, through a Council of PTAs.
The FLO training dates offered by the Plano ISD Council of PTAs for fall of 2017 are:
- Mon, August 28, 2017: 9:30 am to 12:30 pm at the Sockwell Center, 6301 Chapel Hill Blvd Plano 75093
- Fri, September 15, 2017: 9:30 am to 12: 30 pm at the Cox Building, 1517 H Ave Plano 75074
- Mon, October 2, 2017: 9:30 am to 12:30 pm at the Sockwell Center, 6301 Chapel Hill Blvd Plano 75093
- Thurs, October 12, 2017: 9:30 am to 12:30 pm at the Administration Building, 2700 15th St Plano 75075
- Thurs, October 12, 2017: 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm at the Administration Building, 2700 15th St Plano 75075
- Wednesday, November 15 from 6:00 to 9:00 pm in the Boardroom of the Administration Building, 2700 15th St Plano 75075
- Wednesday, November 29 from 9:30 to 12:30 in Room 311 of the Administration Building, 2700 15th St Plano 75075
Can't make it to these dates?
Check the Texas PTA calendar to see if one of their sessions will fit your schedule HERE.
COUNCIL OF PTAS’ DATABASE ENTRY
Do you have board members who are not receiving communication from their Plano ISD Council of PTAs counterpart? If so, they may not be in our database. The information you entered for TX PTA is not readily available to the Council Board for communication, but it is required to be a PTA in Good Standing. Make sure you have entered information for all board members with a Council counterpart in the following.
To get to the place on the council website, just go to www.planopta.org
- On the right choose My Account
- On the left you'll see a form called Contact Information, choose that one
- At the very bottom of the form is a question, "Are you a Plano ISD PTA President?", choose Yes
- Enter each of your board members and their contact information - don't forget to enter yourself as President
Since the Council of PTAs uses this information to contact their counterparts in the local PTAs, only those on your board with a Council counterpart are required. Others may be entered for informational purposes only, if you like.
What can you do with your FREE version of PT-Avenue. This lunch and learn goes over the basics. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3980&v=Qwl5_GM5lu4