Click Here to access forms.
If you have any questions about the Plano ISD Council of PTAs, please contact the President.
For technical support, contact the Webmaster.
Fall 2015 Training information:
- Communication, Website & Publicity Presentation
- National PTA Social Media Tip Sheet
- National PTA Visual Standards
- Social Media for Non Profits
- Texas PTA Social Media Policy
- National PTA Social Media Policy
- National PTA Website
- National PTA Website Style Guide
Who is the PTA Communications Chair? *
Communication Chairs are volunteers who champion communications and outreach efforts necessary to market your PTA, create eye-catching communication pieces and to assist you with developing an online presence for your PTA.
Duties at a Glance:
- Develop a public relations plan with measurable results, like growing membership
- Form partnerships and collaborations with businesses, civic groups and organizations in the community
- Develop key relationships with members of local media outlets (radio, television, newspaper)
- Submit media releases and public service announcements (PSAs) for PTA activities and sponsored events
- Develop a relationship with communications or public relations staff at your school and administrative office
- Create and publish a PTA newsletter on a regular basis
- Create a PTA website and/or social media account and keep both current
- Review Texas PTA Social Media Policy
- Become familiar with and follow the branding guidelines presented by National and Texas PTA
View the BASICS:
Communications Training Webinar
Communications Resource Guide
*Information is from the Texas PTA Website
every child. one voice.