National PTA Information
Who is the PTA Communications Chair?
Communication Chairs are volunteers who champion communications and outreach efforts necessary to market your PTA, create eye-catching communication pieces and to assist you with developing an online presence for your PTA.
Duties at a Glance:
- Develop a public relations plan with measurable results, like growing membership
- Form partnerships and collaborations with businesses, civic groups and organizations in the community
- Develop key relationships with members of local media outlets (radio, television, newspaper)
- Submit media releases and public service announcements (PSAs) for PTA activities and sponsored events
- Develop a relationship with communications or public relations staff at your school and administrative office
- Create and publish a PTA newsletter on a regular basis
- Create a PTA website and/or social media account and keep both current
- Review Texas PTA Social Media Policy
- Become familiar with and follow the branding guidelines presented by National and Texas PTA
View the BASICS:
Texas PTA Communications Training Webinar
every child. one voice.