What is a Council Delegate?
Council Delegates are either elected or appointed by their campus PTA to represent the interests of their PTA at the Council level. Each campus within Plano ISD has three votes at Council Delegate meetings - the Principal, the PTA President and the Council Delegate. Alternates can be named in case of absence at a meeting as long as the Council Secretary has been made aware who that alternate is for the year.
Council Delegate Responsibilities
- Attend all Council PTA delegate meetings or see that a duly elected or appointed alternate is able to attend.
- Be a representative of the Local PTA as a voting member of the Council PTA voting body.
- Participate fully in Council PTA discussions and deliberations. Each delegate (or designated alternate)
is entitled to make motions, debate and vote at each Council PTA meeting.
- Take careful notes of announcements and the program at the Council PTA meeting.
- Attend all meetings of the Local PTA.
- Report announcements, important actions and the Council PTA program to the Local PTA member and/or its executive board.
- Place announcements of Council PTA activities in the Local PTA’s bulletin or scheduled
- Maintain a procedure book.
- Seek information or approval from the Local PTA Members on matters referred to the Local PTA for such approval or information, and be ready to report and/or vote accordingly at the Council PTA meeting.
- Notify Local PTA executive board members of the Council PTA schedule of events and urge them to attend whenever appropriate.