Life Membership Banquet
LONG RANGE FACILITY PLANNING COMMUNITY INPUT MEETINGS
PLANO ISD Long Range Facility Planning
Community Input Meetings
As part of Plano ISD’s ongoing strategic road mapping process and as the district begins work on a long range facility plan, Plano ISD families, staff and community members are invited to attend and participate in a community input meeting near you. Meetings are conveniently located at six locations throughout the district (see dates and times below).round
In May 2023, the Plano ISD Board of Trustees approved the new Strategic Roadmap that is inclusive of a long range plan. As such, the plan includes a strategy to study current facilities, enrollment and programs. This study will:
- Assess all of our schools,
- Analyze student enrollment at each school,
- Evaluate high-quality programming,
- Consider whether buildings are being used effectively and
- Determine whether resources are fairly distributed to support all students.
The result of the study may lead to restructuring, or “rightsizing,” school sites to better serve students. Rightsizing may involve closing school buildings or adjusting attendance boundaries within the feeder pattern to allow for a more equitable disbursement of district resources. Ultimately, the study of school building capacity will be for the purpose of supporting thriving schools, classrooms, students, teachers and school leaders.
So why are we doing this work?
District enrollment has been steadily declining over the last 12 years. Our peak enrollment was in 2012 at 55,700 students and our current enrollment is 47,800.
Some of the reasons for this decline include:
- The rising costs of homes (the average home in Plano ISD is $584,000);
- Growth in districts to our north (whose average home costs are lower than Plano ISD);
- A decrease in birth rates; which has led to
- Larger graduating classes than incoming kindergarten classes.
Visit www.pisd.edu/facilityroadmap for more information, including Frequently Asked Questions.
Meeting Locations and Times
(Spanish translators and sign language interpreters available at select meetings, see below.)
Clark High School
March 6, 2024
6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
523 Spring Creek, Cafeteria
Plano, Texas 75023
Sign language interpreters provided
April 9, 2024
6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
5505 Plano Parkway, Presentation Room
Plano, TX 75093
Spanish translation provided
National PTA School of Excelence
Plano International Festival