Plano Youth Leadership (PYL)
Applications Due: Monday April 15th, 2019
Applications are available on the Plano Youth Leadership website: www.planoyouthleadership.org.
For additional information, contact email@example.com
Texas Armed Services Scholarship Program
Applications Due: July 15, 2018.
The purpose of the program is to encourage students to become members of the Texas Army National Guard, the Texas Air National Guard, the Texas State Guard or to become commissioned officers in any branch of the armed services of the United States. The program is open to Texas high school students who meet a high level of academic achievement.
For more information: Matt Shaheen, State Representative, Collin County - District 66, district office, (469) 642-8708.
Application: APPLICATION LINK.
Plano ISD PTA or School Sponsored
Two scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $1,000 each on Thursday, May 2, 2019, during our annual Senior Reception Day at Andrews Elementary.
Applications Due: Wednesday, April 17, 2019.
- Shall be a Plano ISD graduating senior.
- Shall have a 3.0 GPA or better (as evidenced by submittal of a copy of your high school transcript or most recent report card)
- Shall have attended 5th grade at Andrews Elementary School, Plano, TX.
- Shall enlist in the military, enroll in an accredited 2- or 4- year college or university, or enroll in a vocational or technical institute in the summer of fall semester immediately following the applicant’s high school graduation. An acceptance letter or other verifiable confirmation will be required before the check can be released.
- Shall submit to the Andrews Elementary PTA one (1) letter of recommendation from a present or former teacher.
- Shall write and submit to the Andrews Elementary PTA a 1-2 page essay. (This year’s essay topic: “What do you think is the biggest problem on high school campuses, and how would you propose to fix it?”)
- Shall NOT have an immediate family member on the Andrews PTA Scholarship Committee.
The scholarship will be awarded on May 2, 2019, during the annual Senior Reception Day at Andrews Elementary.
For questions please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: PTA Senior Scholarship
3 each $100
Any Barksdale graduating senior in attendance at the Senior Reception at Barksdale
Names taken upon entrance to the Senior Reception and then three names drawn during reception
Amount is determined annually by the Board
Applications Due: May 3, 2019
- Attended Beverly for at least 4 of their 6 elementary years;
- GPA of 2.5 or better (applicant to provide original or copy of transcript with application);
- Plan on attending a 2- or 4-year college, vocational or technical school by the next Fall
- Provide 2 letters of recommendation, from non-relatives; one must be from a current or former teacher
- Provide one-page essay about their time at Beverly demonstrating how Beverly prepared them to be a successful and productive citizen and/or student.
- Applicants who meet all the criteria will have their names placed in a drawing and the winner will randomly be selected at the Senior Reception.
Application: Guidelines and Application
- Scholarships are restricted to graduates during the year of the award.
- Applicants must have attended Boggess Elementary for at least two years of their elementary education.
- Award winner must attend an accredited college, university or technical school.
- The applicant shall be free of legal entanglements, which might defeat the purpose of the award.
- Any student known to be receiving a full scholarship for tuition shall not be considered for this award.
- The scholarship is available to any graduating senior who meets the above criteria, not just seniors at Plano East High School.
More information can be found by visiting www.boggesspta.org or by contacting a member of the Boggess PTA Board.
For more information: www.brinkerpta.org under the "PTA Forms" section on the right hand side of website.
For questions: Brinker PTA Scholarship Committee Chair email@example.com
Application: Brinker PTA Guidelines and Application (Microsoft Word, Acrobat PDF)
Alex Trejo Scholarship, $650
Applications Due: April 26, 2019
Available to any PISD graduating senior who attended Carpenter Middle School for at least two years and plans to attend a 2- or 4-year accredited college, vocational, or technical school with a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester or enlist in the military by the fall semester immediately following their high school graduation, and has a minimum GPA of 2.5.
For more information: www.carpenterpta.org
For questions: scholarship@CarpenterPTA.org
Application: Carpenter Guidelines and Application
Patty H. Meyer Scholarship, $1,000
Applications Due: March 21, 2018
- a graduating senior enrolled in a Plano ISD school who attended Centennial Elementary School in fifth grade
- enrolling in an accredited undergraduate degree program at a college or university for the 2018-2019 academic year with a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester
- Completed Scholarship Application
- Resume of your extracurricular activities, community service, honors and employment
- Official copy of your high school transcript
- 500 word essay: “How Centennial Influenced My Life”
- Two letters of recommendation
Applications Due: April 17, 2019
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must have attended Daffron for at least two years, including 5th grade
- Plan on attending a 2- or 4-year college, vocational, or technical school by fall of 2019
- Have a parent who was a Daffron PTA member for at least two years including the 5th grade year
- Submit an essay answering the following question:Write an essay describing how attending Daffron had an impact on your life and/or education.
Winner of Daffron Scholarship will be announced at the Daffron Senior Reception on Wednesday, May 1, 2019.
Daffron Scholarship Daffron Scholarship Application
Applications Due: April 19, 2019
- GPA of 3.0 or better
- Planning on attending a 2- or 4-year college, vocational or technical school, or enlisting in the military by fall of 2019
- 2 letters of recommendation, not from relatives; one must be from a current or former teacher
- Official transcrip
- 500+ word essay about your time at Dooley. Pick one of the following:
- Describe a challenging situation you experienced while at Dooley and how a teacher, mentor, or faculty member helped you through it. How did that person affect your beliefs, worldview, and future goals? If you were an educator, how would you apply this tactic to your students?
- If you could travel back in time and talk to your younger self at Dooley elementary, what would you say? What kind of advice, encouragement, or suggestions would you give?
- How did your experience at Dooley shape you into the person you are today?
Winner of Dooley Scholarship will be announced at the Senior Class of 2019 Senior Class Reception on Thursday, April 25.
Hickey Elementary PTA does not offer a scholarship. Rather, their PTA gives out Door Prizes at the May reunion to graduating Seniors who attended Hickey Elementary.
For questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hightower Elementary PTA Alumni Scholarship, $500
Applications Due: May 1, 2019
- Attended Hightower for two years, including fifth grade
- Will graduate from a PISD Senior High
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Plan to attend a university or junior college in the fall following graduation
- Submit an essay to PTA for consideration
Frankford Middle School
Applications Due: All info should be posted by April 15, 2018
Seniors attending a Plano school who attended Frankford Middle school all three years
For more information: www.frankfordpta.com all info should be posted by April 15
For questions: email@example.com
Application: Frankford Guidelines and Scholarship Application
Applications Due: April 30, 2018
- Attended Hedgcoxe Elementary School for at least two years, including 5th grade
- Have a 2.5 min. GPA
- Must complete a 500 to 1500 word essay titled "How My Years at Hedgcoxe Elementary Impacted Me”
- A personal history including extracurricular activities, awards, etc.
- Two recommendation letters from non-family members
- Plan to attend a 2- or 4-year college in the Fall
Hendrick Middle School
Applications Due: March 19, 2018
- Be a United States citizen or hold permanent residence status.
- Minimum GPA 3.0 or 2.75 from a PISD senior high school campus in June 2018.
- Demonstrate financial need completing FAFSA and providing necessary documentation
- Complete application.
- Submit an essay describing your adversities, how you have overcome them, and what going to college means to you
- Provide reference letters
For more information: https://www.hendrickscholarship.org/home.html
Finalists will be interviewed and scholarships will be awarded at each high school's senior awards night.
For Questions: Please see your guidance counselor, call the Hendrick office at 972-535-6714 or visit hendrickscholarship.org for more information
Jasper High School
A $500 scholarship will be awarded to two (2) students who meet the requirements listed below.
To be eligible, student must:
- Have been a paid PTSA member for both 9th and 10th grade at Jasper High School *; and
- Must be a 2019 graduating senior from a Plano Independent School District school; and
- Student must attend a college/university or vocational program for Fall, 2019.
Transcript or VOE must be attached. No exceptions.
*Applications must be received by midnight on Monday April 1, 2019*
Winners will be drawn at the general PTSA meeting in May.
For questions: VP Membership, firstname.lastname@example.org
Application: Jasper PTSA Scholarship Application and Guidelines
McMillen High School
(one male student and one female student)
- Must have attended McMillen in 9th and 10th grade and a PTSA member both years.
- Students are not required to apply. Scholarship recipients are randomly selected from all eligible students.
For questions: email@example.com
Attended Mitchell Elementary from kindergarten through 5th grade
For more information: https://mitchellpta.membershiptoolkit.com/memberhome
For questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rice Middle School
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior from a Plano ISD school.
- At least one of the applicant’s parents must have been a member of the Rice Middle School PTA for at least two of the three years you attended Rice Middle School.
- Applicant must plan to be enrolled and attend full-time in an accredited college or university or a technical institute in the summer or fall semester immediately following high school graduation.
A completed application and a verification of enrollment (VOE) from their current Plano ISD school must be received by April 1, 2018 to Rice Middle School PTA, Attn: Scholarship, 8500 Gifford Dr., Plano, TX 75025
Robinson Middle School
Application Due: By Noon on Friday, April 27, 2018
- Have a parent who was a paid PTA member while the student was in 6th, 7th, and 8th grade at Robinson Middle School.
- Be a 2018 graduating senior from a Plano Independent School District school.
- Attend a college/university or vocational program for Fall 2018. VOE or transcript must be attached. No exceptions.
A winner will be drawn at the Robinson Middle School General PTA meeting on May 17, 2018.
Please complete scholarship form and attach VOE or transcript and return to: Robinson Middle School PTA, ATTN: VP of Membership
Betty Washington Scholarship
Applications Due: Friday May 03, 2018 in Shepard Elementary Office by noon
- The applicant exited their fifth grade year at Shepard Elementary.
- The applicant is a graduating senior in the spring semester that the scholarship is being awarded.
- The applicant is enrolled in the Plano Independent School District at the time of application
- The applicant shall provide proof of acceptance to a college, university or community college.
Invitation to the Senior Class of 2018 Senior Class Reception can be found HERE
$500, Jostens-Shepton High School Alumni Scholarship
- A senior who will graduate in June 2018 from a Plano ISD Senior High School or Plano ISD Academy Program School
- An alumnus of Shepton High School who attended Shepton High School throughout ninth and tenth grades
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA at time of application
- Will attend an accredited college or university or a technical institution in the summer or fall immediately following graduation, with attendance beginning on or before September 15, 2018.
To apply for the Jostens-Shepton High School Alumni Scholarship, eligible applicants must submit the following:
1) The completed, signed application form (below)
2) A 500 to 1500 word essay titled “Shepton High School – A Stepping Stone to My Future”
(Essay must be typed, in 10 or 12 point Times New Roman font)
3) Essay Cover Sheet (page 2, attached)
4) Official high school transcript with GPA
Applications must be received by Friday, May 4, 2018. Application may be dropped off or mailed to Shepton High School, Attn: Rhonda Snyder, Shepton PTSA President, 5505 Plano Parkway, Plano, TX, 75093.
Barbara Salamone Scholarship, $500
- Any graduating senior enrolled in Plano ISD who attended Stinson Elementary School.
- Student enrolling in an accredited undergraduate degree program at an accredited college or university for the 2019-2020 academic year (minimum of 12 credit hours per semester).
Deadline for submissions must be postmarked no later than March 27, 2019 (Deadline updated 03/21/19)
Two $500 Scholarships will be awarded. Application deadline is April 20, 2019.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior from a Plano ISD High School
- Applicant must be an alumni of the Wells Elementary School.
- Applicant must have attended Wells Elementary School for five or more years.
- Applicant or applicant’s parent/guardian must have been a member of Wells Elementary PTA for three or more years.
- Applicant must be enrolled in an accredited college or university immediately following his/her high school graduation.
Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Deadline for submissions must be postmarked no later than April 20, 2019