About the Plano ISD Council of PTAs
Our Council, with 70 local-unit PTAs and more than 22,000 members, is the key link in the line of communication between the local, area, State, and National PTAs, as well as with the school administration and the general public. Councils provide opportunities for conferences, leadership training, and coordination of efforts, plus information, support, inspiration, and instruction for Council members.
The Council serves to strengthen local PTAs, support new PTAs, develop leadership potential, promote PTA membership and serve the community and its children.
Plano ISD Council of PTAs is involved in many programs and projects, including leadership training, Officer and Chairman Training, Outstanding PTA Award, Life Membership Banquet, Reflections and Texas PTA Environmental Programs, Vendor Fair, Plano ISD administration holiday luncheon, local PTA program recognition, legislative action and community issues and more.
PTA Vision, Mission, Purpose, and Goals
Making every child's potential a reality.
The PTA is
- A powerful voice for all children,
- A relevant resource for families and communities, and
- A strong advocate for the education and well-being of every child.
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community and place of worship;
- To raise the standards of home life;
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth;
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth;
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.
Plano ISD Council of PTAs Goals
As Plano ISD Council of PTAs prepares to reach the Gold Activity Award from TX PTA for the 2018-2019 school year, we will strive to reach the following goals in 5 Specific Areas:
- Increase the PTA/PTSA membership numbers across the district to 30,000 by focusing on increases in strategic areas on all local campuses including student, teacher and community participation.
- Increase awareness of the Purposes and Values of PTA/PTSA through strategic areas including back the future events, mission moments, positive PTA press in local papers and publications, and providing marketing materials to be used by local PTAs.
- Increase the diversity of our PTA/PTSA membership to more closely reflect the demographics of our local campuses.
Education & Communication
- Enhance good resources to be great resources through purposeful, planned and precise communication and training.
- Increase the understanding of TODAY’S PTA as a working partnership between all levels (local, council, region, state, and national).
Historical Information about Plano ISD Council of PTAs
- To see our history, click here: Plano ISD Council of PTAs History
- To see Council awards, click here: Plano ISD Council of PTAs Awards Bestowed