Arts in Education
Arts in Education is a long-standing priority for PTA. Working to incorporate the arts into daily learning contributes to growth and education of the whole child. We are passionate about supporting creative kids and giving all students the chance to express themselves creatively.
ARTS IN EDUCATION CONTACT
Facebook Group: PISD Council of PTAs Arts in Education
Council Arts Volunteer: Interest Form
Arts in Education Calendar:
Fill out this form: Arts Chair Info Form
ARTS IN EDUCATION RESOURCES
Plano ISD Art Contests (including the Reflections link)
City of Plano Library Art Resources
Texas PTA Arts in Education
National PTA Arts in Education
ARTS IN EDUCATION VIDEOS
Check out our YouTube Channel! We will post helpful videos on this channel so go subscribe to stay in the loop. You'll see training videos, virtual art classes to share with your schools and helpful Reflections information.
- Work with outgoing Arts in Education Chair on your campus to review ongoing efforts and needed materials for your local school campus.
- Update your information every year by registering HERE with Texas PTA
- Stay in the know on our Council Arts FB group and calendars.
- Sign the Texas PTA Confidentiality, Ethics, Conflict of Interest Agreement and submit to your local PTA Secretary.
- If you have not done so, complete both Texas PTA's FOUNDATIONS Trainings: Essentials (once) and Basics (as needed).
- Complete the Texas PTA FOUNDATIONS Essentials before October 15. This is required only once in your PTA service lifetime and preferably during your first year of PTA service (or if you have not completed it before).
- View the Texas PTA BASICS Arts in Education webinar and review as needed.
- Review the Texas PTA BASICS Arts in Education Resource Guide pdf as needed for detailed support and best practices and for all things related to the Arts in Education position, including running the Reflections program.
- Visit the Arts in Education YouTube Channel for quick intro videos about Arts in Education and Reflections.
- Become familiar with program requirements and guidelines of the Reflections art program.
- Develop a Plan of Work and submit to your local PTA Executive Board for approval. (View a Sample Plan of Work.)
- Council PTA Chairs host Spring Trainings and Fall Round Table Discussions
DUTIES AT A GLANCE
- Ensure that your PTA is supporting access to the arts, year-round, by identifying arts-related activities.
- Work with your Programs VP to add Art-Related programs to the calendar.
- Develop a plan to promote the Reflections program and recognize eligible, participating students.
- Ensure your PTA attains Active Status with Texas PTA by October 31 each year to be eligible for state-level Reflections judging.
- Promote cultural events in the community and surrounding areas.
- Network with PTA Arts in Education Leaders in your community to collaborate on common goals.
One of the most valuable benefits of PTA is that our Leaders are part of a larger community who have the opportunity to network and share with one another. We know that PTAs across Texas are doing great things and we want to hear about each and every one of them! Submit your success story and be the Talk of Texas!
LOCAL ART GROUPS