SAGE stands for Special and Gifted Education and the mission of our SAGE Committee is to provide an opportunity for families and teachers of students who learn differently to share resources and friendship. SAGE volunteers at both Council and local Chapter PTAs work together to provide education, communication and support for families just like you. And, we engage the teachers and administrators along the way.
SAGE Summer Expo 2021 Exhibitors
Learn what resources and camps are available for your child.
More info on the SAGE Summer Expo Page
The Plano Council of PTAs offers an Inclusion Kit to local PTAs to provide them with resources necessary to conduct an Awareness Event, which many PISD schools organize every second year. Texas PTA also offers an awareness program where local PTAs provide their own materials.
- To reserve the Inclusion Kit from Plano ISD Council of PTAs for your PTA, check the SAGE Inclusion Kit Reservation Calendar for open weeks. Upon reserving the kit, you will receive an email with further instructions.
- To rent the KIDS FIRST program from Texas PTA for your PTA, at no cost, go to the Texas PTA Kid’s First webpage. This program comes with detailed instructions directly from Texas PTA. The local PTA is then responsible for providing all materials for the event.
News Article: Focus on Abilities
Click here to read the article in the GoodLifeFamily Magazine.
SAGE sponsors various classes and seminars throughout the year to provide families and educators the latest information. Classes and seminars are typically free of charge.
Popular topics have included:
- Life Planning for families with Special Needs
- SENG Clinics (Supporting the Emotional Needs of the Gifted)
- Managing the Individualized Education Plan Process
- Advocating for your child
- Summer Camp Expo
- PISD Parent Navigator for Special Education
The primary objective of SAGE is to promote dynamic communication between educators, families and the community. It’s through cooperation that we help ensure that all diverse learners derive the most from their education. We maintain a Facebook page for the SAGE community. Join us on Facebook.)
SAGE Committee Contacts Have a question regarding SAGE? Contact the Plano ISD Council of PTAs SAGE Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org or find your local PTA chapter Chair by locating your local chapter's website on our PTAs page.
Local PTA Resources
PISD Council of PTAs Training Sessions