Click Here to access forms.
Click Here for Vendor Fair Registration
If you have any questions about the Plano ISD Council of PTAs, please contact the President.
For technical support, contact the Webmaster.
Resources for Parents of Academically Advanced Students
Plano ISD Programs
- Plano Academic and Creative Education (PACE)
- The District's gifted education program begins in kindergarten, but students may enter at any grade level. A Referral Application is required. Assessment typically occur once per year in the second semester. The Application Deadline is typically in mid-December.
- Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID)
- AVID is a program for secondary students targets students in the academic middle that have the potential to succeed in advanced courses. Interested students complete an application, written interview, and an oral interview.
- Advanced Placement (AP) courses
- The primary goal of the AP Program is to enrich the secondary school experience of students ready to apply themselves to college-level courses. Students entering high school need to plan with their counselors to insure that any prerequisite courses are scheduled early enough to allow them to take the AP course(s) of their choice at the senior high level.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Program
- The IB program is a rigorous course of study designed to meet the needs of highly motivated secondary students and to promote international understanding. An Application is required to enter the program with a submission deadline typically at the first of January.
Organizations for the Academically Advanced
every child. one voice.